Monday, January 22, 2007

Evolution!

It all started with this coin purse I made for myself! Well, not quite, I got the purse idea from some of my old neighbors, but didn't try the purse until second. I love this coin purse. It's a bit odd and off center, but it holds LOTS of coins and various other things.



Here is the first purse I made:


Then I got asked to make some custom smaller coin purses from a pattern my customer had found. Little boys especially, love to use these as wallets. I've had a couple teenagers purchase them as well.



After those I made LOTS of purses and coin purses for the Christmas crafts sales we attend. Here is a teal purse. I made red, orange, blue, green, teal, and purple solid color purses as well as the mixed color purses like the first one I made. I no longer use the snaps to close the flap as velcro is much easier to use and I find it actually holds more of the flap closed.




The Educational Diaper Bag came next. Right now it is my favorite thing. So big and perfect for the Mum that likes to be prepared when away from home! My previous post is all about it.


Megan and Denver have the only two actual wallets I have made so far. They are a combination of Kool-Aid Jammers juice pouches and duct tape style wallets! Much easier to make that way than trying to figure out how to sew them and still have them fold properly. Megan's was actually made in the Fall. Denver's was just made last night.




This is Denver's




This is Megan's






What they look like when closed






Now here is a binder that Megan brought home to be fixed. She wanted a new binder, but I refuse to pay outrageous middle of the school year prices for a binder! It looks quite good I think! Even with all the Tic-Tac-Toe on the covers.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. The photos of the binder and perhaps others are huge so don't just pop open.
Will you have time to blog now?? Should have lots to write about anyway.

Cheers!