Sunday, February 25, 2007

Sleep Deprived Happenings!

Ever feel like a zombie? I sure did the first few weeks Savannah was here!

The second night of constant wakings with her, I had shut our bedroom door because she decided about 4:30 a.m. that it was playtime! Then the next time she fussed I jumped straight out of bed and right into our door!!!!! Rick lay in bed and when he figured out what had happened spent the next 5 minutes laughing his head off!

I think it was the next night I was carrying Savannah and went to grab a bottle out of the fridge. After getting the top off and opening the microwave, I realized it was the wrong one (half full instead of the full one). So, I went to set it down on the stove to put the top back on and proceeded to spill it all over the stove and into two of the burners! What a mess!

A couple weeks later I thought things were starting to go pretty smoothly. Usually I got up with her without any problems. Rick got up the times I didn't wake up, or when I asked him to do it. Then one Sunday morning he told me that he woke up to Savannah crying and me in my sleep going "Shhhhh, shhhh!" He decided that wasn't going to work and got up to get her a bottle! To me that is the funniest thing I've done, the others were just annoying! I think I must have been dreaming when I was saying "Shhh!"

Last night I was about ready to rip my hair out, she kept waking up screaming, every half hour or so for awhile. Then I finally thought, "I wonder if her diaper needs changed?" She was soaked, bed sheets and all! No wonder she was mad! After I got everything changed she was happy as a lark and we all got several good hours of sleep. At least until my dayhome kids arrived!

No comments: