Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snorkelling!

Tonight was an exciting night at the swimming pool. Savannah is super excited that her ears don't have tubes again because that means she can put her head under the water.

We let her take her snorkel gear to the pool to practice for our next vacation. She loves swimming with goggles, so we thought she'd like this even more. We were right. For awhile Rick pulled her around the pool while she floated. After the hot tub to warm up, she and Mummy went down the water slide, our usual 5 times.

After that we were in the hot tub a short time before she wanted to go back to the big pool. She kept getting her snorkel tube under the water, so I helped her keep it out and floated her around the pool again. After going around once I noticed she was relaxing more, so I let go of one of her hands. She didn't panic, so I switched hands. Still okay. Slowly I let go with both hands without her knowing. Success!

I took her hands and floated her around the pool another time. I mostly only held one hand at a time. Then in the shallow part we tried no hands again. This time Daddy saw it! After that, she didn't want me to hold her hands anymore. She had a hard time moving anywhere, but she did manage to get around a bit. I walked beside her and made sure she kept her snorkel tube above water. Of course I had to pull her out a time or two and help her clear out the tube, but on the whole she did great!

Our little fish is growing up. Pretty soon she'll be off to her own school! :D

No comments: