Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cake Class

For our anniversary, Rick got me cake decorating classes. I finally found a time to take them and started last Saturday. This is the cookies I practiced making icing stars on. The designs came from our class book. I just happened to have the Lifesaver Mints in my pocket to make the baby carriage! Savannah was so excited to eat those cookies after we got home.





This week we decorated cakes. We had to do the cupcake design, but I had already showed it to Savannah in the book, so she was super excited about it. Tonight we had friends over for super and their oldest girl thought I had put Smarties around the base, not just icing. Of course all the children wanted a piece of the cherry on the cupcake! I think the decorating turned out okay, but I am not a fan of the icing we have to use. Hopefully I can figure out how to get our own icing to work for future cakes at home.



There are still two weeks of class left. Next week we are decorating cupcakes. The final week will be another cake with our own design on top.

Next year I am hoping to do the fondant class. I got the big kit with all the tools, so now I need to learn how to use them all! :D Good thing I like cake a lot.

1 comment:

Jennie Frances said...

Nice decorating Pam. I like the paper on your blog now too :)