Tuesday, June 29, 2010

The Not so Great Mouse Detective

Ever since about two days after her birthday last year, Savannah wanted to have a "Mouse Birthday" for her next one.

I thought maybe she meant Mickey or Minnie Mouse since we'd been to Disney World so much. No, all I could get out of her was just "a regular mouse."

So this year for a couple months I searched for mouse birthday party stuff, or at least something I could use to decorate the cake with! Nothing. Just some small plastic bags with cats and mice that I thought I could use for treat bags. I ended up forgetting them and not doing treat bags since there were too many kids to do the craft I had planned. No big deal, she had lots of fun anyway.

Back to "a regular mouse." We were driving home one evening exactly two weeks before this year's birthday and party. Because of construction we took a different route than normal. Suddenly Savannah shouts "There's my Mouse Birthday!" I thought she was just excited about the upcoming party and was starting to explain that it was in two weeks. Then I looked to the side and saw .......... Chuck E. Cheese! Yikes!!!! I told her we were having her "Mouse Birthday" in our backyard with all her friends. She said, "OK." Whew, that was close!

Thank goodness she is still small and mostly easy to please. Can I keep her this way???? Please? :D

Right now she is sitting behind me with a Belle doll making up a story about Prince Charming marrying Belle. I think she's getting her stories mixed up, but it's cute.

Now she has the story straight, the Beast will marry Belle. Singing is involved in the story too. Wish you could hear it.

No comments: