Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Dat da Da and a Poppin' Good Time!

Come see what I made Mum! Dat da DA!!!!
(That's how she says Ta Dah!)






When we went to the zoo on Friday, Savannah and I found this popping corn. Looked like fun!




Ready to be popped. The kernels that fell off, I just put in the microwave. I have no idea if they popped or not.


I couldn't take photos of the actual popping process, but if you ever find one of these I highly recommend doing it yourself!!! The kernels pop mostly on the side touching the bottom of the microwave. So everytime a kernel pops the cob JUMPS wildly into the air. Some of the popped kernels stay attached to the cob for a bit and then fly off later. Sometimes they shoot unpopped kernels off the cob. They sounded like bullets hitting the side of the microwave!

Be careful opening the door! Only a couple kernels fell out.


"That's lots of popcorn," says Savannah. MMMMmmmm, delicious.


No comments: