Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Freezer trouble!!!!!

So today at about 4 p.m. I went downstairs to see if we had any stew meat to make fajitas for supper. Upon opening the tall freezer I discovered that it had been accidentally turned off a couple days ago when things were being rearranged!

Almost everything in the door of it was completely thawed out. So for supper we had baby potatoes and steak cooked on the barbeque and some canned corn. I also cooked up a sausage ring that the kids ate part of.

There is a huge package of baloney to be fried or eaten in sandwiches. I hope my day home kids like it! We also have two more packages of steak, 4 chicken souvlaki, and 2 Costco pork ribs waiting in the fridge to be cooked up. I had thought Rick could take some for lunch at work, but he is in meetings the next couple days so that doesn't work.

Guess we will be eating "high off the hog" for lunches around here the next couple days. Or maybe I will cook it all and freeze some for later. What a lot of work I didn't need!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hoping you cook some of the meat to make meal sized packages. The balogne well, fried balogne once a year is good!!
The meats will last longer cooked.