Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day!

I had a great idea for Mother's Day gifts this year, first time ever!

For my Mother-in-Law I made a scrapbook of our trip to Mexico in December.
Here are a few of the pages from it.








This is my favorite page. I just LOVE these photos of Savannah.

My Mum (a.k.a. Flower Gramma) likes mushrooms.
So when Savannah and I found polymer clay mushrooms in a magazine,
we just had to make them.

First, here is the card, inspired by the craft. I think it turned out nice.

Here are the 4 mushrooms we made and a Daddy's Lovebug.
We just had to make one of them too!


At playschool on Tuesday Savannah made me a sticker heart picture and a really cute necklace made from dyed penne noodles. The purple in it matched a sweater I wore to church and the light green and turquoise colors matched Savannah's dress.



Mother's Day I woke up to waffles in bed! MMMmmm
Then I went back to sleep for hours!

Just before I got up, Savannah helped herself.
She didn't even make a mess!

Later we had church (I wore the necklace). Savannah made me a flower craft. After church we went to supper at my favorite restaurant (Mongolie Grill).

After we got home I finally found my present. Rick likes to hide things right in front of my eyes! There was an iPod docking station right near our phone. I wanted one so I can listen to my iPod music in my craft room without wearing the headphones.

All in all, it was a GREAT day! :D


1 comment:

Jennie Frances said...

Ireally like my mushrooms and "Daddy's Love Bug" So far they are in plant pts but will eventaully make their way outside with my other mushrooms. This seems to be the year of the mushroom for my garden ornaments. I have lots of fairies too :)